Industrial Relations Policy
The objective of this policy is to:
Continually improve the quality of its service, productivity and the performance to succeed in an openly competitive market. The identification, minimisation, management and resolution of issues, which have industrial relation impact, are crucial to the achievement of that goal. Philosophically, we believe that effective management of people through open and honest relationships between managers, employees and unions create positive outcomes with any industrial relations policy.
Macquarie Builders are committed to providing a harmonious place of work for all of our employees, within the bounds of the applicable Individual or Collective Agreement and/or Awards. The key industrial relations objectives are:
- Maintain an open relationship with all employees
- Ensure compliance with the award and collective or industrial agreement.
- Apply all policies and procedures in an equitable and fair manner regardless of position.
Freedom of Association
Macquarie Builders are determined to respect the National Freedom of Association laws that relate to the Workplace Relations Act 1996. Employees and sub-contractors have the right to:
- Free to belong to any industrial union they chose, without it affecting their employment.
- Free to be represented, or not represented, by industrial association.
- Free to participate, or not participate, in lawful industrial activities.
Right of Entry
Macquarie Builders are committed to the Fair Work Act 2009 that allows organized official (such as trade unions) to enter their premises. Prior to entry all officials must provide at least 24 hours’ written notice (unless the entry is pursuant to a State or Territory occupational health and safety (OHS) law) and hold a valid federal permit.
Application of this policy
We seek the co-operation of all employees, sub-contractors, customers and visitors. We encourage suggestions in realizing our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment.
This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where employees are required to work off-site.