Drug & Alcohol Policy
Macquarie Builders is a progressive company committed to:
- Providing a safe, reliable & desirable work environment for our staff, clients and contractors.
- Complying with the requirements of the Workplace Health & Safety Act 2012 & the Workplace Health & Safety Regulations 2012.
An overriding principle for this policy is recognizing that alcohol and other drug dependency is a treatable illness This policy is not directed at the taking of prescribed drugs for medical purposes, but at situations where alcohol or other drug dependence or abuse affects performance and/or safety of employees, clients and contractors. In keeping with this,
- The unauthorised consumption or possession of drugs or alcohol during the hours of employment is prohibited
- Each person must ensure that they are not, by the consumption of drugs or alcohol, in such a condition as to endanger their own safety or that of others at this workplace
- Any employee or contractor deemed to be under the adverse influence of drugs or alcohol shall be removed safely from the workplace
- Macquarie Builders reserves the right to enforce drug & alcohol testing when deemed necessary
Application of this Policy
This policy applies to people at all levels of the organisation.