Macquarie Builders is a progressive company committed to:
- Providing a safe, reliable & desirable work environment for our staff, clients and contractors.
- Complying with the requirements of the Workplace Health & Safety Act 2012 & the Workplace Health & Safety Regulations 2012.
Application of this Policy
This policy applies to people at all levels of the organisation.
An overriding principle for this policy is recognizing that alcohol and other drug dependency is a treatable illness This policy is not directed at the taking of prescribed drugs for medical purposes, but at situations where alcohol or other drug dependence or abuse affects performance and/or safety of employees, clients and contractors. In keeping with this,
- The unauthorised consumption or possession of drugs or alcohol during the hours of employment is prohibited
- Each person must ensure that they are not, by the consumption of drugs or alcohol, in such a condition as to endanger their own safety or that of others at this workplace
- Any employee or contractor deemed to be under the adverse influence of drugs or alcohol shall be removed safely from the workplace
- Macquarie Builders reserves the right to enforce drug & alcohol testing when deemed necessary